Tuesday, July 20, 2010

FROM THE CITY TO THE MOUNTAINS.


This weekend we transformed from city folk of Chennai to humble campers. I have always been torn when thinking about which environment I prefer, the city or the great, open outdoors. I have settled on the fact that I favor both, equally. However, there are pro's and con's to both atmospheres. I will use this blog post to settle the differences my peers and I experienced while on this trip.
The city of Chennai.. Pro's: extreme visual stimulation, many options for dining, shopping, site seeing, a fast-paced flow that makes you feel that moving quickly is your only option and it can be exhilarating, observing how many people can fit on one motorcycle seat (I have seen 5). Con's: Pollution that makes your throat sting, the fear that crossing the street could be your last moment on earth.

Camping in Yercaud... Pro's: Beautifully breathtaking landscapes, fresh air, silence, animal life, less stimulation that allows for your mind to be clear. Con's: Sleeping on the hard earth, ants that bite, thorns on branches
that are so small you cannot see them, but they
prick you just as hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment